Kairos University has a convenient "Application Checklist," to walk you through step-by-step what you need to do to apply. You can find it under the entry, "Admission Forms." That is also where you can find all of the forms you will need to apply to Kairos University.
(THE "APPLICATION CHECKLIST" LISTS ALL OF THEM.)
Student (Stateside) Requirements:
1. Complete of the university's Application Form for Admission.
2. Two recommendations from faculty, employers, or church leaders (use our online reference Form).
3. Complete the FAFSA Application form, if you are eligible.
All students who are eligible for aid through FAFSA must complete and submit a FAFSA application form.
4. For undergraduate degree programs: Possession of or candidacy for a high school diploma or GED. [Completion of high school or the GED is required before formally enrolling in the university.]
5. For master's-level degree programs: a completed accredited bachelor's degree.
6. Transcripts / Diplomas: For undergraduate degree programs: You may either provide Kairos University with a photo-copy of your high school diploma, or, you can have your high school send an official transcript to us. You should also provide an official transcript from any post-high school education. For Master's-level degree programs: An official transcript from the school from which you received your bachelor's degree, as well as from any other formal post-high school education.
7. One recent photograph.
8. A personal interview with a representative of the university (in person, online, or by phone).
9. Active church participation.
10. Payment of $100.00 application fee
[**ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS WHO WANTS TO STUDY ABROAD IN THE U.S. ARE IN RED]
Student (International) Requirements:
1. KAIROS UNIVERSITY International Student application forms & fee
School application fee - $100 (non-refundable).
I-20 Application fee - $500 (non-refundable).
2. Two recommendation letters.
3. Recent photos (1).
4. Transcript & Graduation Certificate (Sealed by issuer).
5. Medical insurance.
6. Student Passport & dependents Passport (if applicable).
If you have all the required documents and are determined to be academically eligible, the college will mail you an acceptance letter and an I-20 form to apply for your student visa.
** Time to review admission documents: 2 weeks + delivery time.
The following applies for students who wants to study abroad in the US.
What is I-20 Form (COE)?
1. A multi-purpose document issued by a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) accredited school, showing that you have sufficient funds to stay in the United States.
2. Officially, a "Certificate of Eligibility (COE)" entitles an individual to apply for an F-1 Student Visa.
3. Contains details about students, school addresses and department programs.
4. SEVIS unique number.
Student F-1 Visa application requirements:
International students must have a valid visa in their passport to enter the United States. For general information check the US Department of State website (www.state.gov).
1. I-20 Form from Kairos University.
2. Pay the SEVIS fee (www.fmjfee.com), print receipt for safekeeping.
3. Online visa application form (form DS-160) & fee payment for all non-immigrants.
**Print the visa application confirmation page.
4. Check your visa interview appointment and current waiting time.
**Book as soon as possible to avoid delays.
5. Visa interview.
6. Visa Verification & Passport & I-20 Receipt.
Prepare documents for visa (F-1) interview:
1. Passport (valid for more than 6 months from the US travel date).
2. Original I-20 Form (not a copy).
3. Acceptance letter from Kairos University.
4. DS-160 (confirmation page).
5. Receipt of SEVIS fee payment.
6. Financial certificate (bank statement, balance certificate).
7. Other documents specified on the website of the consulate/embassy.
1. Answer questions concisely and honestly.
2. Please note that consulates may conduct social media reviews.
3. Don't be afraid to ask for clarification if you don't understand.
4. Always be respectful and courteous.
Visa approval confirmation:
1. In most cases, the interview can confirm that your visa has been approved.
Visa (F-1) information must be checked on the following:
1. Spelling of the name.
2. Visa type F-1.
Dependent Visa (F-2):
1. A legally married spouse.
2. Children under the age of 21.
3. Can apply together with F-1 or separately.
4. Dependent's own documents and copies F-1.
Visa travel period for US?
1. You may enter the United States up to 30 days prior to the start of the program listed on your I-20 Form.
2. One week before class starts.